Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2 weeks in!

Got my front tooth fixed today. It looks a lot better than I thought it would. I was nervous going in- it wasn't exactly primitive but not what I'm used to in an office setup stateside. But it looks good and feels almost like new (something about my bite is a little funky but probably always will be). Tore a contact lens last night so I'll be in glasses for the rest of the time here. Kind of bummed about that. May ask mom or Dad to send new ones, we'll see. Money means something entirely different now and the idea of a $300 vanity like contacts doesn't seem practical, but on the other hand, glasses SUCK and I don't want to live in them for the entirety of my stay here! Chatted with the APCD for RCH today and she assured me that she'd put me at a post where I can retain my vegetarian lifestyle, that being the primary concern I had (over water, electricity, closeness of postmate, etc) so I feel better knowing that. Not much else to report today- have medical interview and a couple other meetings, then back to Porto Novo for (I hope!) dinner. Did I mention the library here? PCVs leave all their books at the office and people can take what they want. I picked up a Kant one, Shane, so we'll have something to discuss when I see you next : )

1 comment:

  1. Your teeth be fixed!! I am glad you are not a snaggle! Could you go to the eye doctor and get contacts in the city? So when will you find out where you will be sent?

    ReplyDelete