Friday, September 25, 2009

WOOHOO

I officially swore in today as a PEace Corps Volunteer! Thus begin two years of service to Benin, provided my body and mind will it. : ) It's a great day. Celebrated with good friends and thai food. Tonight we are all drinking beer and sleeping on a friend's roof.. will be a wonderful night to remember.

Spent the last week drinking too much beer and falling asleep in my sister's bed (in a room I have never entered before) and being horrified, only to find the next day that my family thought it was hilarious. Apparently I underestimated the Beninese appreciation of a good fete.

ALso played a game of "two hand touch" football and had more fun that I have since arriving here. UGh now we're going back to porto novo so no pics this time. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kara Louise!!!!!
    Nine weeks have passed and here you are - no longer a PCVT but a PCV!
    I am so proud of you, my dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete