Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pics

Me after the neighbors spontaneously did my hair on the porch one night. I left them in for three days until my sun-scorched scalp mandated that I take them out.
Me holding Marc and standing next to Angele, who helped do my hair.
Before they did it, I learned how to style my hair with nothing but a fan! (This was a big moment for me so I took a pic sans glasses).
Vitale trying to fix my clock while wearing my glasses.
Angele showing me the "right" (i.e. Beninese/ i.e. salty and oily/ i.e. DELICIOUS) way to make couscous. Every time I cook for the neighbors they make tortured expressions and spit the food into their hands or sneak it to the kids. They HATE sugar here so cookies are a big fail every time.



I wish I could upload more pictures right now but I can't! The connection seems to be crappy, as is normal here. I'm very happy that I received packages today! Going to go back to Djigbe and party like it's Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I love the hair!! Hey, can you post an updated address and your skype info on facebook...I have a surprise for you, but I want to send it out to the correct address....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara,
    You look so beautiful. Your eyes sparkle and your smile is just Kara at her happiest. I love you.

    ReplyDelete