Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pictures Say It Better

A mother in Hondji feeding her two year old boy the soy and moringa sauce we taught her to prepare. We are tracking his health and are soon going to open another nutritional recuperation center in Hondji, near where I live.
I took this pic in my house. We were burning coals for the hooka and they looked pretty, and then I heard about the winter storms there so this pic is for you, Iowa.
Angele and I in the tissue I got us. We are going to wear it to Azolwisse on Valentine's Day.
Erika, Hannah, Kim, Me, Doug, Jennifer and Laura at Hotel Capitale during stage. I promise, you guys... I work too, I just don't take as many pictures of it.
Sometimes, when we all get together, photo shoots happen. I am rather fond of this one of Jeff and Jackie.
The hospital in Tchaada where Lou works. This is the inpatient room, which is quite nice by Beninese standards. The matresses are intact and there are even mostuito nets!
A desk in the hallway with health cards, which are individuals' health files. Each baby gets one when they are born and nurses and sage-femmes use them to keep track of immunizations, clinic visits, etc.
This is the birthing room. The blue handles are for the women to hold on to and the table is where the baby is cleaned afterward. Part of our job is to facilitate the commencement of nursing, something that is rarely done immediately after birthing in Benin.

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful photos Kara. Thanks for sharing :-)
    Glenna's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, Glenna's mom. I saw pics of your pretty house overlooking the Puget soundAlso, thanks for making Glenna. She's a peach. :)

    ReplyDelete